I have plenty of ideas for blogposts but am suffering from an extended bout of laziness. The Meme of Fours is right up my alley because it is easy and fun to do. Plus, I hope that I can convince my co-bloggers Sue from New York and Sue from Pennsylvania to chime in with their own Meme of Fours.
- Kel and Kel-Bel
or Kelly Kunik of Diabetesaliciousness from whom I got the questions. She mentions other D-bloggers who posted a list of fours and be sure to follow those links to read their posts.
1. Four names people call me other than my real name:
- The nicest bossy person I know
2. Four jobs I’ve had:
- Stay-at-home Mom
- Accompanist—piano and organ
- Do-it-all at Kinkos/Fedex Office
3. Four movies I’ve watched more than once:
- The Sound of Music
- Tin Cup
4. Four books I’d recommend
- Why We Get Fat by Gary Taubes
- All Creatures Great and Small by James Herriot
- Being Mortal: Medicine and What Matters in the End by Atul Gawande
- American Assassin by Vince Flynn
5. Four places I’ve lived:
- Greenville, SC
- Princeton, NJ
- Minneapolis, MN
- Rio Verde, AZ
6. Four places I’ve visited:
- St. Andrews, Scotland
- St. Moritz, Switzerland
- Grand Canyon, Arizona
- Disney World, Florida
7. Four things I prefer not to eat:
- Live baby octopus (Thanks for the video, Mike!)
- Sushi and anything uncooked
- Meat with lots of gristle
- All things delicious because I have diabetes… Not!
8. Four of my favorite foods:
- Chicken chili
- Stir-fried chicken and veggies
- Mixed nuts
9. Four TV shows I watch:
- Big Bang Theory
- NBC Nightly News before the Brian Williams fiasco
- CBS Evening News with Scott Pelley
10. Four things I’m looking forward to this year:
- Every hike I go on In Arizona
- The UnConference
- My son and family visiting in late March
- Visiting my other son and family in Annapolis
11. Four things I’m always saying
- Golf is a stupid game.
- Life is Good.
- Enjoy today.
- You can do this.